ISTIC Governing Board Chairman Dato' Ir. (Dr.) Lee Yee Cheong accompanied Hon. Datuk Seri Panglima Madius Tangau, Minister of Science Technology and Innovation Malaysia to UK National STEM Learning Centre, 18 May 2016, York, England Read More +
Hari UNESCO Malaysia 2016 : "Inclusiveness". The event was graced by the presence of several ministers, secretaries general and Director of UNESCO Office in Jakarta Read More +
- Written by Super User
The Objectives of the Centre shall be:
- To provide scientists, technologists and innovators hereinafter called “STI” and STI policy-makers from countries in the South with training, both short and long-term, in specified areas with the aim of improving their capacity in managing STI systems. This would include fellowships, training courses and workshops incorporating both specialized and project-oriented training;
- To establish links between academia and industry in order to facilitate information transfer between the public and private sectors, and the development of well-planned and relevant knowledge-based industries in participating countries;
- To address both common and specific problems faced by developing countries to set up knowledge-based enterprises in advanced technologies, such as information technology, biotechnology, nanotechnology etc.
- To develop networking and collaborative R&D and training programmes at regional and international levels including linking of designated nodal centres in participating countries; and
- To facilitate information exchange and dissemination.